All equal part – Processed in mundi swarasa, nirgundi swarasa.
250 mg bid/tid
Manjishtadi quatha with pippali churna prakshepaka
Guda + shunti
Mode of action & therapeutic uses
- Best choice for gridhrasi, ama-kaphayukta vatadosha, urusthambha, avabahuka, kroshtuka shirsha, manyasthambha, hanusthambha & pakshaghata.
- Gaja or elephant symbolise – kapha /aama. Vitiated vata when associates with aama or kapha , this rasa act like ANKUSHA to control it. When describing eranda tail it is said that eranda acts like kesari ( the lion ) and kills gajendra ( amavatha ), likewise this rasoushadhi acts like Ankusha . imagine the qualities of elephant – slow restricted movement, heavy, powerful, etc and compare with urusthambha, manyasthambha, gridhrasi, due to that quality the name is selected .
- Here all the ingredients are vata shamaka kapha hara, aama pachaka, due to high penetration power of rasa sindhura the effect is achieved very quickly. It being an arsenic compound is pitta vardhaka & agni deepaka.
- As we have seen Mahavata vidhvamsa rasa produces bhruhmana effect with moderately amapachana guna, here vatagajankusha produces shodhana and amapachana .
- Suvarna makshika is added only to controll pitta vardhaka property.
- Mundi swarsa is vishahara ( anti toxic ) to relive aamavisha, nirgundi is vedana shamaka and kapha vata hara.
- Mahavata vidhvamsa rasa acts on neurological disorders, while vatagajankusha acts in neuro muscular and neurological disorders with ristricted movement.
- In ankylosing rheumatoid arithritis vatagajankusha works well with ajamodadi churna and simhanada guggulu.
Author is Senior Ayurveda physician in GAD, Purappemane, Sagara