Gypsum or hydrated calcium sulphate is prepared by processing crude gypsum with Arka patra and burning in Gajaputa. Now a days amruta satwa is inter changed with godanti bhasma.
Asti dhatu vardhaka
Garbhashya dosha nivaraka
250 to 500 mg
According to roga and rogi
- It is best used in pittaja jwara, daaha,pittaja shira shula, chardi or any other pitta prakopaja vyadhi where ushna, tikshna ,sara guna of pitta and vidagdha guna of pitta is observed.
- In jwara has to be given with sudarshana churna / with tribhuvana kirti rasa in pitta prakruti persons.
- In bhrama due to vitiated pitta / amla pitta – godanti + navanitha / ksheera.
- Used with arjunarishta or with saraswatarishta in hypertensive patients where CNS disturbances / anxiety/ anidrata is the cause.
- In repeated febrile convulsions of children, or if children are getting fever repeatedly due to calcium deficiency , godanti is used in small quantity with amrutarishta for 6 to 8 months, gives very good results.
- In shweta pradara due to garbhashaya shotha, asthi dhatu kshaya – with ghee and milk.
- In rakta pradara with ashokarishta
- In puya meha with trivanga bhasma and chandanasava
- In pittaja shira shula with sarivadyasava / milk
- In shushka kasa associated with burning in chest and respiratory tract – sitopaladi churna + godanti+ yashti madhu mixed with ghruta and madhu.
- After a long time use of antibiotics patients feels vata and pitta prakopaja lakshanas like ruksha, ushna , daha ,jwara anidrata, in this condition godanti with amalaki churna / dhatri loha gives very good results.
- It is said to be a safe drug in small children, pregnant and lactating women, but long term use in larger doses is not advised .
- Godanti is a best CNS relaxant ( mastishka shamaka) in any such condition where anxiety , sleeplessness , bhaya , pralapa is observed , is used with navaneetha + sharkara+ jasada bhasma.
Dr. Patanjali. K.V.
Author is Senior Ayurveda physician in GAD, Purappemane, Sagara